Sunday 25 September 2011

Bicycle Riding

  Waking up at 4 a.m. in the morning to participate a 'marathon' is insane. Or maybe lunatic. But why would I, completely rational, would do such a thing? Here are two reasons to let you know why would I agree to such a raw deal? Here are some (and all) reasons.


  1. Extra 14 marks for co-curriculum
  2. Free helmet and bike
About the bike, it is a piece of junk, no offence. My bike is the best example. When I ride my bike at home, I can ride a lot faster, but when I ride this one, either my stamina was sucked away by gravity, or I actually weigh twice I am (which is 30 something).

Anyways, even though we arrived the so called square at 5:30, we had to wait until 7:00 to ride our bikes, which is the time that our Prime Minister comes. Seriously, I thought leaders were supposed to be role models. If he came late, why couldn't we?

The group was divided into two groups. The first group is the bicycle group, which get to ride bikes, and the cheering group, which get to cheer. I've got to admit, their job seems fun. Fun.


After 15 minutes I rode the bicycle, I kinda found out that my bicycle wasn't exactly the word 'good'. So I rode as slow as a snail, and the cheer squad cheered me like I did above.

It was the longest 45 minutes in my life. My legs were tired, my body is sweating, and my bicycle is still the same ol' junk. I saw many people that I know pass by me. I tried to catch up. But my legs cannot bear anymore movement. When I reached the final station, I literally tossed my bike to the parking lot, and didn't even look back.

I took some coffee and cereal afterwards, and fell asleep in the bus that I thought that was never going to come, and reminding myself not to pick the wrong bike the next time I join this marathon, if there is a next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

noob